Freestyle, Female and Greco-Roman Wrestling Competition in Canberra.
Weigh in Saturday 22nd of November 2014, competition Sunday 23rd 2014 November
2014 Canberra Cup
22nd-23rd November 2014
Australian Institute of Sport – Bruce ACT
* Saturday 22nd, Weigh in for Freestyle and Greco in all age categories at venue from 5-6pm.
* Sunday 23rd, Freestyle and Greco-roman Competition for Male Juniors and Seniors, and Female junior and senior from 8:30am.
The 2014 Canberra Cup is an open event. Any individual that is a financial member of Wrestling Australia Inc. or its affiliates can enter. All entrants must have the approval of their State Association to enter.
Closing date for entries is 15th of November 2014
Entry form attached.
The competition will be held in the weight categories listed below. There will be a 2kg weight allowance.
Any Wrestler under the age of 18 MUST have the written consent of his/her parent or guardian to compete.
The cost of entry for Canberra Cup is $50 for Seniors and $35 for Juniors.
If a wrestler wishes to enter an additional age division or another style there will be a fee of $20.
Please see entry form for payment details.
Male Freestyle: 57kg, 61kg, 65kg, 70kg, 74kg, 86kg, 97kg, 125kg
Junior Male: 46-50kg, 55kg, 60kg, 66kg, 74kg, 84kg, 96kg, 96-120kg
Greco Roman: 59kg, 66kg, 71kg, 75kg, 80kg
Female: 48kg, 53kg, 55kg, 58kg, 63kg, 69kg, 69-75kg
Juniors Female: 40-44kg, 48kg, 51kg, 55kg, 59kg, 63kg, 67kg, 67-72kg
Competition Rules and Conditions of Entry
• All wrestlers are elligible to compete only if they are a member of a Constituent Association of Wrestling Australia Inc.
• All competitors must be a financial member of Wrestling Australia Inc
• Weight categories are as per FILA Rules , all competitors must make weight within these categories. There is a 2kg weight allowance.
• Weigh in for competition will occur at the venue from 5pm to 6pm on Saturday 22nd of November. Scales for weight check will be available 3pm to 5pm.
• Competition will be conducted in accordance with FILA Rules; draw will use a modified pairing system.
• All competitors are responsible for their own medical and physical fitness to wrestle and understand that the nature of the sport of wrestling involves some physical risks that can result in serious injury or death.
• It is the Competitor’s/Guardian’s responsibility to ensure that the competitor is fit to compete and is free of any skin lesions or infections.
• ACT Wrestling has the right to disqualify competitors from competition in the event of rule or code of conduct breaches.
• The Australian Sports Drug Agency (ASADA) may conduct Drug Testing during the competition. ASADA may also conduct out of competition testing at any time. If requested by ASADA to undergo drug testing, the competitor must comply with the request. For more information on ASADA Drug Testing please contact ASADA at P.O. Box 345, Curtin ACT 2605, the Drugs in Sport Hotline 1-800- 020-506, or visit their website at http://www.asada.gov.au/.
• The weight shown on the weighing scales at the time of the scheduled weigh in will be regarded as the official weight. Any weight check performed by an athlete prior to the official weigh in shall not be permitted to form the basis of a challenge to the official weigh in.
Code of Conduct
• I/my child shall behave in a dignified manner at all times and shall not do anything that may bring Wrestling Australia Inc. wrestling or myself into disrepute
• I/my child shall respect the spirit of fair play and non-violence towards all other competitors, officials and spectators
• I/my child shall abide by any lawful direction and respect the authority of any official who has authority to conduct any element of the competition.
• I/my child shall be accountable and accept responsibility for my/their actions.
Examples of Unacceptable Behaviour are:
• Sledging other athletes, officials or event organisors. Sledging is defined as a statement that is deemed to denigrate and/or intimidate another person.
• Publicly dissenting the decision of the referees or other officials.
• Creating a public disturbance, or acting in a way that becomes a public nuisance.
• Causing damage to another person’s property.
• The use or encouragement of drugs and banned substances to enhance or inhibit performance.
• Engaging in any harassment, sexual or otherwise.
Juniors: 18-20 years (from 17 with medical and parental certificate)
Seniors: 21 years and older
• Wrestlers in the junior age category are allowed to participate in the competitions for seniors. However, wrestlers aged 18 in the year concerned must provide a medical certificate and parental authorisation.
• Wrestlers aged 17 in the year in question may not participate in senior competitions.
• ‘Age’ is the age that the competitor turns in the 2014 calendar year.
Accommodation for the tournament is available at the AIS. This accommodation can be booked individually, by contacting the AIS residences.
Phone 02 6214 1388
7.30am – 10pm Mon-Fri Email email@example.com
Rates are $80 (per person) for bunk shared rooms, $105 (per person) for single, twin (non bunk) or triple share rooms and $110 (per person) for flats. These prices include access to three (3) meals per night of stay
Click below to download entry form